CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Simplicity 3631

Okay here is outfit number 1 for the sewing contest. I decided to go with buttons on the coat which I really like, Thank you all for your comments they really helped me. I liked the pattern it was easy enough to read, cut and sew. For a coat this is a great pattern I recomend it for beginners, it looks really good for the amount of sewing involved. I did add and alter a bit. I hate darts so I through them into the side seam, you can do this fairly easily with stretchy fabrics. I also added the faux pockets on the skirt also. The top I did a little stichery do's on the collar, which matches the belt. I am so satisfied with the turnout. And thanks to my sis in law my pictures look amazing also. I can't wait to show you the other outfits.
I wish I would have worn different shoes, my feet look gigantic in these. I should have gone with patent leather wedges. oh, well maybe next time.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Laura, thanks for your message!

You have got one very stylish outfit here! I'm looking forward to following your future projects...